Disclosure: I’ve been to a couple of the shops in Portland and the Arts District one in LA and I do find their ice cream really good.
First Visit: February 2018
Disclosure: This was Day Zero for Salt & Straw in Seattle, they were giving out $1 scoops on a cart right outside the shop and I waited in line for a while, so I took advantage of this deal.
- “Fran’s Almond Gold Bar”: Yes
- “Sea Salt with Caramel Ribbons”: Yes
- “Almond Brittle with Salted Ganache”: Yes
- “Elm Coffee & Westland Whiskey”: Yes, there is somehow a difference between this and really good coffee ice cream, normal coffee ice cream taste like ice cream with coffee flavor added, this tasted like the coffee and ice cream were in marriage together, a bond that made this stand out from all other coffee ice creams
- Service: Yes, they gave out sample even during this event
- Next Visit: different flavors
Second Visit: February 2018
Disclosure: This was Day One, there official opening in Ballard, Seattle.
- “Theo’s Big Daddy S’mores”: Yes, hands down best version of any ice cream related/similar to rocky road flavor
- “Ellenos Yogurt & Matcha”: Sure, don’t think it was fully fair as this scoop was below the other, Theo’s Big Daddy S’mores was so good and the chocolate was so overpowering that the matcha and yogurt couldn’t compete afterwards, I will have to get this again sometime just on its own
- “Waffle Cone”: Sure, I don’t understand the hype of waffle cones anywhere
- Ballard: Yeah, cute spot with some seating
- Parking: Street
- Service: Yes, they go out of there way to make sure you have a great experience
- Return: Yes
- Next Visit: more flavors off the “Seattle Chocolatier Series”